Anti Money Laundering Policy
Quanto International Consulting SRL’s Anti-Money Laundering and Customer Awareness Policy (hereinafter referred to as “AML / KYC Policy”) is designed to prevent and mitigate the possible risks of Quanto International Consulting SRL being involved in any illegal activities. Both international and local regulations require Quanto International Consulting SRL to implement effective internal procedures and mechanisms to prevent money laundering, terrorist financing, drug trafficking and human trafficking, the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, corruption and bribery, and to takes action in the event of any suspicious activity on the part of its Users. The AML / KYC policy covers the following issues:
- Verification procedures.
- Compliance Officer
- Monitoring transactions.
- Risk assessment.
1. Verification proceduresOne of the international standards for the prevention of illegal activity is the background check (“CDD”). According to CDD, Quanto International Consulting SRL establishes its own verification procedures in accordance with the standards against money laundering and “customer knowledge”.
- Mandatory documents and optional requirements:
- a color photograph of a government-issued identification document (local ID card, driver’s license, or passport)
- a bank statement with the same name, an easy-to-read IBAN and a correct bank identification
- the same identification document issued by the government uploaded above, fully visible without areas covered
- the owner of the document in a fully visible face position and holding the document in one hand
- In the other hand, a paper document that contains custom text generated per user
- Card check
3. Compliance OfficerThe compliance officer is the person duly authorized by Quanto International Consulting SRL, whose obligation is to ensure the implementation and effective application of the AML / KYC policy. It is his responsibility to oversee all aspects of anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing at Quanto International Consulting SRL, including, but not limited to:
- Collection of user identification information.
- Establish and update internal policies and procedures for completing, reviewing, submitting and maintaining all necessary reports and records in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Monitoring transactions and investigating any significant deviations from normal activity.
- Implement a records management system for proper storage and retrieval of documents, files, forms, and logs.
- Periodically update the risk assessment.
- Providing information to law enforcement officials in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
4. Monitoring transactionsUsers are known not only by verifying their identity (who they are), but more importantly, by analyzing transactional patterns (what they do). Therefore, Quanto International Consulting SRL is based on data analysis as a tool for risk assessment and suspicion detection. Quanto International Consulting SRL performs a variety of compliance-related tasks, including data capture, filtering, record keeping, investigation management, and reporting. System features include:
- Daily verification of Users based on recognized “blacklists” (eg OFAC), cumulation of transfers through multiple data points, placing Users on watch lists and refusal of services, opening cases for investigation where necessary, sending internal communications and completing statutory reports, if applicable;
- Case and document management.
- ensure that transactions of a suspicious nature are reported for proper law enforcement through the compliance officer;
- request the User to provide any additional information and documents in case of suspicious transactions;
- suspend or close the User’s account when Quanto International Consulting SRL reasonably suspects that such User has engaged in illegal activities.